Unlike older industrialized societies with growing legions of ageing dependents, Bangladesh has a very youthful demographic.
- 59.3 % of the population are economically active (15 years and over).
The country is young too, 40 years old.
Improving Education and Skills
- Bangladesh has 31 public universities, 54 private universities, 60 teacher training colleges and 1,143 technical and vocational institutions.
- Typical of the sub-continent, vocational training and professional qualifications are highly respected.
- Thousands of Bangladeshis who have wide work experience abroad add to the national reservoir of skill.
English Widely Spoken
- The national language is Bengali or ‘Bangla’.
- Yet our second language, English, is widely spoken, understood and written.
- More than 90% of staff at management level is fluent in English.
- Source: Bangladesh Bureau Of Educational Information And Statistics,Bangladesh Technical education Board